Multi Language Optimization Extension for Magento
The Language Sitemap extension will allow for you to Search Engine Optimize your Multi Language Magento store. This extension give you the ability to create a “language sitemap” which you can submit in Google Webmaster tools. In this language sitemap you can specify what language and location is appropriate for each of your store views. For example, you can indicate that you want us.example.com to rank for US visitors or fr.example.com to rank in France.
This extension is compatible with all version of Magento including Go and Enterprise editions.
Getting Set up:
Navigate to: System > Configuation > Catalog > Google Sitemaps
Change your X-Default site and turn the extension on and off. The value “x-default” is used for indicating which language you want to server to visitors that are not specified as one of your language alternatives. (ie this is the fall back website or international site).
Make sure “Enable this Addon” is set to “yes”
x-default should be your international site, or your primary website
Navigate to: Catalog > Google Sitemap – Store Languages
This is where you will specify the language code and country code for each store view.
1) Click “Add new”
2) Select and store view
3) Input a language and or country code from this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
4) click “save language map”
Navigate to: Catalog > Google Sitemap
1) Click “add new sitemap”
2) Enter “language.xml” under file name
2) enter “/” under path
3) The store view is not important, leave as is.
4) Click “save a generate” (this may take some time to generate, depending on the size of you store, and if you have URL validation set up or not)
Output: The output for the language sitemap by default will be: yoursite.com/language.xml
- Easy to install, easy to upgrade, just copy to use
- Support multiple stores and multiple languages
- No core modifications. Safe Magento updates